I woke yesterday to find that I had been nominated for the Liebster Award by Wise Monkeys Abroad, whom I would like to thank profusely! The Liebster, I found, is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. It is handed out to up-and-coming bloggers with 200 followers or fewer.
Here are the rules for Liebster Nominations.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back up to his/her blog.
- Answer the 10 (or 11!) questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Following are the questions given to me and my responses.
1. Where was your first ever overseas vacation?
If by overseas you mean out of the country, it would have been my time travelling through Canada on a road trip from Alaska to the lower 48 when I was two years old. If you mean to another continent, it would have been Costa Rica in 2011.
2. What is the strangest thing you have eaten whilst travelling?
Most definitely lemon ants. They were surprisingly tasty and very lemony. I don’t know if I would make a habit out of eating them, but I would sample a few again.
3. What is your best or favourite travel tip?
It’s not an adventure unless something goes wrong. No trip will ever be perfect, but those unexpected bumps in the road are often the most memorable.
4. Do you prefer hostels or hotels?
It really depends on the circumstances and the lodging. I rarely spend much time in my room so as long as it’s clean, secure, and reasonably comfortable I’m all good.
5. Is there anywhere you have travelled that you wouldn’t recommend to others? Why
Not really, no. There are places I’ve gone that weren’t really my cup of tea, but that doesn’t mean that other people wouldn’t enjoy them.
6. Do you still send postcards when you travel?
No. The age of the internet really changed my use of snail mail. It’s easier to throw up photos and blog posts that everyone can see, than send out postcards to a select few people who may or may not receive them.
7. Do you collect souvenirs? If so, what is it that you always pick up?
If I see something really unique that I just love I will buy it, but typically I don’t grab something just for the sake of having a souvenir. How does the saying go…something along the lines of ”Collect memories, not things.” That’s pretty much my motto.
8. Do you use suitcases or backpacks?
Both. If we’re going to spend a bit of time in one location we just load up the carry-on sized suitcases and bring our smaller backpacks for daytrips. If we’re going to be hopping from place to place or taking buses, the larger backpacks work better.
9. If you won an overseas trip, all expenses paid for, where is your ultimate destination?
For me, personally I think I would go tour France and Italy. The countryside looks beautiful, the cities are full of history, and the food and wine would be hard to beat.
10. Name your favourite 3 blogs.
Edventure Project. A fantastic resource for families on the move. This family of six has been travelling the world for years and sharing their adventures and roadschooling successes along the way.
Mademoiselle Le K. Fashion, travel, beauty, class. Eurochic at its best. This is where I go when I’m dreaming of the ultimate European getaway.
Have Blog Will Travel. Two adventurers sharing their passion for travel, gorgeous photos, and adventures on the road less traveled.
And here are my nominees for the Liebster Award………………(drumroll please)……………………….
And here are their questions:
1). Where is the last place you travelled?
2). What is your earliest travel memory?
3). Do you prefer to travel with others or on your own?
4). What is your favorite food or drink you’ve found while travelling?
5). If you could only complete one item on your bucket list, what would it be?
6). Do you have a favorite travel destination?
7). What is your preferred method of travel (airplane, train, bus, car…)?
8). What is the one thing you never leave home without?
9). What is your favorite travel film or book?
10). What are your three favorite blogs?